I’m feeling very lonely to the point where I’m concerned about myself…. if anyone has any advice I appreciate it…
history in the making
Homestuck breaking into mainstream media is the best. Dante Basco was the first though. WE MUST NEVER FORGET!
okay so this has been done a lot but
reblog this and i’ll make a pixel friend based on your blog?
just make sure you have your submit box open so i can send it once it’s done
I don’t know you but if you follow through with this I will follow you for eternity.
Alright, now this is how you portray a cute makeover scene, so take notes.
It’s nothing quite as boring and terribly cliched as “BOOKISH BUT GENERICALLY CUTE GIRL TAKES OFF GLASSES AND LETS HAIR DOWN,” we’ve got the real deal here. (for reference: from left to right, it’s Mayaya, Jiji, Tsukimi, Chieko, and Banba)
First off, note that none of the girls wearing glasses lose them to present themselves as more “conventionally attractive.” They are instead used as a charm point, and Tsukimi’s outfit is even color-coordinated to match her red frames. For that matter, Mayaya even GAINS sunglasses, to keep her eyes covered while her bangs are styled in a trendier manner. A similar tactic is used for Banba, whose unmanageable afro is covered by a wig to give her a cute hairstyle that still frames her face in a way that fits her.
None of the girls’ unique facial features are downplayed in the animation, either. Mayaya is still drawn with her prominent cheekbones, Tsukimi still has her bushy eyebrows and freckles, Banba’s nose is still drawn as simple tiny nostils, and no one’s facial structure or body type suddenly seems to shift to “super generically pretty,” as seen in so many awkward Hollywood makeovers.
Perhaps the best thing about this scene (and something that Kuranosuke explicitly points out as he’s styling the girls) is that Chieko ends up requiring literally no changes. As she already has the habit of wearing formal kimonos as casual wear, she instead ends up benefiting solely from being grouped with the other girls in their trendy attire, and that’s considered her own unique form of beauty.
IT’S A REALLY GREAT SCENE FROM A REALLY GREAT ANIME, BASICALLY.
Love Jellyfish Princess. It’s a must watch!
I actually watched this… I was like “I would love all these girls” They’re all cute little nerds and I honestly love jiji and tsukimi so much. Mayaya honestly reminds me of a girl I dated once and is in my second favorites tied with Banba. Chieko is like that weird girl who would be my awesome loyal friend but the doll thing would throw me off all the same I love them all.
So, today I ordered a sub under the name Nicolas Cage…
why would they
Fancy Tier Preview
John/ Jade/ Dave/ Jane/ Dirk
Karkat/ Aradia/ Terezi/ Kanaya/
Equius/ Eridan/ Feferi
Kankri/ Aranea/ Meenah
Soooooooo guess what group I FINALLY got to shoot? I’ve been fangirling over Rumminov’s Fancy Tiers for awhile, pretty much squeed at Leaux until she agreed to do Karkat, and then… the group kinda exploded and dragged practically every other Homestuck we knew into its gravitational field. :P
And it was glorious. More photos soon, stay tuned. ;)
Needs more RAGE.
- DSi with charger
- Shitty ass camera, skeleanimal, pokedex thing„,
- Dave shades + baseball tee, Terezi horns
- iPod touch, $25 iTunes card, and an owl case uwu
- Alice in Wonderland notecards w/ stickers (pretty bitchin) and a beetle notebook
- Wolfs rain volume, Bakuman and Fruit’s basket alongside with three pins
- A Death Note box set, including a true name card and volume
RULES & NOTICES
- you dont hafta follow me, but you can cause thats cool
- one like, one reblog
- NO SIDEBLOGS
- The first winner will get the iPod touch with the case and gift card, with options between the (SHITTY) camera, weird pokedex and skeleanimal, the three books + pins, or Dave and Terezi items.
- Second winner will get the DSi, and can choose one of the two left over sets.
- Third winner gets the Death Note box set.
- Fourth winner gets whatever is left.
- you have to be cool with giving youraddress
- you write me a sweetass heartfelt poem or picture and I’ll give you another reblog to your url, increasing your chances
- thats all for me
- we cool
- JESUS FUCK DEADLINES MARCH 3RD
My animation boner is rising.
WHAT I NEED TO WATCH THIS WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS